- Constructive Dismissal
- Discrimination / Human Rights
- Employee Sued by Employer
- Employment Contracts: Drafting / Review / Negotiation
- Employment Policy Drafting / Review
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Harassment / Bullying
- Independent Contractors
- Just Cause For Termination
- Non-Competition / Non-Solicitation
- Professional Regulation
- Severance Review / Negotiation
- Union / Labour Law
- Workplace Investigations
- Wrongful Dismissal / Unjust Dismissal
- Our Team
- Call Now: 587-391-7601
- Contact Us
Employment Policy Drafting / Review
Bow River Law has experience creating comprehensive employment policies for employers in Calgary and across Alberta. We make sure that each policy is tailored towards your business and the special circumstances that can happen throughout its lifetime.
Employment Policy Services
Employment Policy Drafting and Reviews
We are skilled and experienced at drafting comprehensive employment policies for employers. In every case, these are tailored to work in the specific circumstances that are or may be faced by the employer. These policies can cover all sorts of things that might be troubling you as employee-issues, such as:
- Harassment / Bullying
- Sexism, sexism or any other prejudicial or discriminatory behavior
- Alcohol, marijuana or other drug use
- Termination of employees
- Non-competition / non-solicitation
- Accommodation of ill or disabled employees
- COVID-19 issues
- Occupational Health & Safety
- And many more.
We can review your existing policies and help you improve them, or we can draft new ones from scratch. Please let us know how we can help you.
- Failing to plan is planning to fail. Many workplaces do not draft comprehensive employment policies for the above and other issues until they have a bad situation on their hands and it’s too late
- Let us help you get ahead of these issues
- If you are already being sued or might soon be sued, let us help you get past that legal issue and then correct the policies going forward.
Employment Policies Drafting / Review FAQ
- What sort of employment policies does my company need?
Typical policies include an employee handbook that deals with things like values, compensation, vacation, harassment, drugs and alcohol, conflict of interest, confidentiality, discipline, etc. Every company has different needs, and an employment lawyer can help you sort this out.
- My employer has just introduced a new policy that I don’t feel is fair. What should I do?
Employers have the discretion to introduce new policies in the workplace from time to time, but you also have the legal rights concerning how those policies are introduced and what is contained in the policies. An employment lawyer can help you understand whether the new policy is actually legal, and what you can do if it isn’t.
- Is my boss allowed to pay my wages late?
Employers are not allowed to miss pay days. Employers are generally required to pay employees at least once per month, and more frequently if that is the contract / arrangement between the worker and employer.
Employment Policy Drafting / Review Legal Blog Articles
Call Now: 587-391-7601 firstname.lastname@example.org
540 5 Ave SW #1240, Calgary, AB T2P 0M2