- Constructive Dismissal
- Discrimination / Human Rights
- Employee Sued by Employer
- Employment Contracts: Drafting / Review / Negotiation
- Employment Policy Drafting / Review
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Harassment / Bullying
- Independent Contractors
- Just Cause For Termination
- Non-Competition / Non-Solicitation
- Professional Regulation
- Severance Review / Negotiation
- Union / Labour Law
- Workplace Investigations
- Wrongful Dismissal / Unjust Dismissal
- Our Team
- Call Now: 587-391-7601
- Contact Us
Our Core Values
Bow River Law LLP is dedicated to its clients. We have advised and represented clients throughout contentious negotiations and disputes, and we have represented clients before all levels of court in Alberta, as well as in various tribunals and administrative proceedings. We know that the loss of employment or conflict in the workplace is a significant stressor for many people; the average person spends more time in the workplace with their colleagues than they do with their spouse, family members, or even close friends. Canadian courts have recognized and affirmed the important social and emotional role employment plays in our society. To have one’s position eliminated without notice, to be subjected to a toxic work environment, or to be building a small business and faced with litigation, can be demoralizing, profoundly hurtful, and a source of anxiety.
Over our years of practice, we have helped thousands of people understand and assert their legal rights, while navigating the personal and professional impacts that employment and labour law issues can cause. We are fierce advocates and compassionate advisors. Let us help you.
Bow River Law LLP is structured on the following core values:
- We strive to provide excellent legal services. We take this business seriously. This is not just a paycheque to us, but a core tenet of our business that we make the effort to be cutting-edge in what we do.
- We strive to attain the best outcomes we can for each and every one of our clients. We want our clients to be happy with the outcome, and we do not ignore cases of lower potential value to our firm.
- We are not here to judge our clients; we are here to help them. We are compassionate and understand that people make mistakes. When someone needs a lawyer, what they need is honest and candid advice about their best options, and help in achieving them. What they do not need is judgment.
- We will work with clients in an effort to find a billing solution that works for them and us. We understand that it can be nerve-racking to take that step of hiring a lawyer. We will offer different billing options, often even contingency (% based), depending on your situation.