- Constructive Dismissal
- Discrimination / Human Rights
- Employee Sued by Employer
- Employment Contracts: Drafting / Review / Negotiation
- Employment Policy Drafting / Review
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Harassment / Bullying
- Independent Contractors
- Just Cause For Termination
- Non-Competition / Non-Solicitation
- Professional Regulation
- Severance Review / Negotiation
- Union / Labour Law
- Workplace Investigations
- Wrongful Dismissal / Unjust Dismissal
- Our Team
- Call Now: 587-391-7601
- Contact Us
Amanda Jacinto is an associate lawyer at Bow River Law LLP. Her key practice areas are employment law, labour law and human rights. Amanda has experience representing individual employees, including termination for cause, wrongful dismissal, constructive dismissal and severance reviews.
Amanda obtained a major in Psychology and minor in Criminal Justice and Public Policy from the University of Guelph. She later travelled across the pond to London, England where she obtained her Bachelor of Laws from Queen Mary University of London’s School of Law, one of the top law schools in the United Kingdom. Amanda then moved back to Toronto where she was born and raised and articled at a personal injury law firm there.
After being called to the bar in Ontario, Amanda found her way to Calgary, Alberta, where she practiced in the areas of employment law, family law and personal injury law prior to joining Bow River Law.
Amanda has experience in Alberta Provincial Court and Court of King’s Bench, where she has participated in summary trials and viva voce hearings. Amanda loves litigation but also sees an important role for alternative forms of dispute resolution in many cases. Amanda is passionate about representing not only her client’s best interests, but also about ensuring they feel heard and understood during the litigation process. Amanda makes an effort to explain procedures to clients in a simplified manner for ease of understanding, where possible.
Outside of the office, Amanda volunteers at the Women Centre of Calgary’s Legal Clinic, enjoys trying new cuisine, exercising, traveling and listening to podcasts.
- Bachelor of Laws Honours, Queen Mary University of London (2017)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (2013)
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
- Law Society of Alberta (2020)
- Law Society of Ontario (2020)
- Calgary Legal Clinic (Women Centre) – Volunteer