- Constructive Dismissal
- Discrimination / Human Rights
- Employee Sued by Employer
- Employment Contracts: Drafting / Review / Negotiation
- Employment Policy Drafting / Review
- Fiduciary Obligations
- Harassment / Bullying
- Independent Contractors
- Just Cause For Termination
- Non-Competition / Non-Solicitation
- Professional Regulation
- Severance Review / Negotiation
- Union / Labour Law
- Workplace Investigations
- Wrongful Dismissal / Unjust Dismissal
- Our Team
- Call Now: 587-391-7601
- Contact Us
Michael Hernandez is an associate with Bow River Law and practices in the areas of employment law, labour law, human rights, and civil litigation. Michael has represented clients with claims concerning wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, discrimination, disability, requests for accommodation and failure to accommodate.
Before joining Bow River Law LLP, Michael articled at a mid-sized civil litigation firm in Calgary, Alberta, gaining significant experience in court applications, questioning for discovery, negotiation and mediation. Michael is a vigorous advocate and believes in creating strong relationships with his clients. His practice centers on practical and cost-effective dispute resolution.
During Law School, Michael competed twice in the BC Court of Appeal Law Schools Moot, where he was a finalist. Throughout his law school career, Michael served as a Research Assistant in multiple areas, including administrative law. Michael also worked alongside various lawyers during his education, gaining experience in employment law, contract disputes, administrative law, and matters concerning the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Michael was raised in Saskatchewan and obtained his Juris Doctor from Thompson Rivers University in 2021. Since then, he has lived in Calgary with his wife and two miniature dachshunds. He is conversationally fluent in Spanish, passionate about running and exercise, and enjoys watching football.
- Juris Doctor, Thompson Rivers University (2021)
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of Regina (2017)
- Spanish – conversationally fluent